I Forge Iron

Finding a Blacksmithing Group near you

At this list :

http://www.iforgeiron.com/page/index.html/_/articles/a0000-blacksmithing-groups-r75

i would like to add an italian group :

http://www.comune.stia.ar.it/biennaleferro/eng/default.htm

ans sorry my still little english, hope to be better in few time and start to connect with the USA blacksmiths.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. IFI has representatives from numerous countries and the more the merrier. Your English is just fine, don't worry about it. Most of us aren't about to criticize someone who's bilingual for not being perfect. Heck, none of us are perfect, even in our faults. Though some of us do try. <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you , we are so glad to have find your site on facebook, i just keep the opportunity to have new contacts with the blacksmith of all over the world to interchange , news, ideas, metod of work, and all what around blacksmith world.
Hope to learn how work the site and to know new friends here.

Good thing someone posted here, or I might've missed it.

I've been running a forum for Portuguese blacksmiths for a few years now. It used to be dead, but we've got around 5-10 relatively active people now. It'd be a big favour if you could feature us here :)

Portugal

Fórum do Ferro Forjado - The Forged Iron Forum
www.ferroforjado.org

We are working towards becoming an official group... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can the moderators fix the list so that New England Blacksmiths shows up for all of the New England states (VT, NH, ME, MA, CT, RI)? Right now it only shows NEB under Rhode Island. We are a big active group that has meets and hammer ins all over the region. Thanks! http://www.newenglandblacksmiths.org

I may have missed it. Couldn't get the link to work on my phone.

Any groups or want to Be people. Arounf west tenn. ?
I live close to Camden. On the river. That separates west and middle Tennessee.
I'm disabled but I'm able to still do alot. Been doing it for 25 years. But since my accident at work. I've not been able to do like I want to. Yet I have all this free time. Unfortunately, I'm limited on the length of time I can stand up especially on concrete.
But always willing to learn all I can. For the days I am able to work in the shop

Anyone know of a group close by, within reason. Let me know. If I can't do certain things. I'm happy to be around those that can.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mid Missouri anyone? just got started but I'm very interested.
Welcome GT. Ther will be a BSM meeting near Versailles Nov 5. Come be our guest and get to know the group. I live at Hamilton, and my son lives in Columbia we get down there sometimes looking forward to meeting you. PM me if you need directions to the meeting.

My name is Jacob Netemeyer, I am currently located in St. Louis, MO....looking for anyone offering lessons, time, knowledge of any sort near the area. I want to embrace this interest. Will drive to make this happen, just looking for the right direction. Any info I appreciate it. I have looked at the BAM site and plan on becoming a member soon.

thank you,

Jacob

Great way to start! We used to carpool to go to SWABA meetings when I lived in Ohio; it was a two hour drive for us and so sharing the cost and the travel time was a big help. (Actually it ran us longer as we stopped at a fleamarket on the way to buy post vises and pie, both cheap and good!)

BTW I don't know if you are involved in Scouting but there is a Blacksmithing Merit badge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great way to start! We used to carpool to go to SWABA meetings when I lived in Ohio; it was a two hour drive for us and so sharing the cost and the travel time was a big help. (Actually it ran us longer as we stopped at a fleamarket on the way to buy post vises and pie, both cheap and good!)

BTW I don't know if you are involved in Scouting but there is a Blacksmithing Merit badge.