I Forge Iron

Gothic Nouveau Mirror Frame

http://isolatedreality.com/?p=1318

9.5″ x 26″ tall. Forged brass bracket hangs mirror from hook. It it riveted on and allows the mirror to center itself and hang level. Mirror also stands away from the wall by an 1.5″ weighs in at 22 lbs.

The hook have some decorative slit and drifted hole which they pass through, as well the as the brass bracket. Was tricky slitting that brass. Three coats of polyurethane and the mirror is set with silicone.

In progress picture. Ended up moving the lower left detail to the top left.
168614_499864974705_507974705_5771589_77

Forged Brass Bracket
179404_499802144705_507974705_5770981_48

Some light shots
top_tan.jpg
closeup_white.jpg
hook_white.jpg

http://isolatedreality.com/?p=1318

9.5″ x 26″ tall. Forged brass bracket hangs mirror from hook. It it riveted on and allows the mirror to center itself and hang level. Mirror also stands away from the wall by an 1.5″ weighs in at 22 lbs.

The hook have some decorative slit and drifted hole which they pass through, as well the as the brass bracket. Was tricky slitting that brass. Three coats of polyurethane and the mirror is set with silicone.

In progress picture. Ended up moving the lower left detail to the top left.

Hot stuff ! very nice.......mb

168614_499864974705_507974705_5771589_77

Forged Brass Bracket
179404_499802144705_507974705_5770981_48

Some light shots
top_tan.jpg
closeup_white.jpg
hook_white.jpg

Look out Danger,somebody`s gaining on you!

While I hate to see things slow down to the point where folks are looking for things to do because work is so slack I absolutely LOVE seeing things like this mirror and your bowls come from it.
Looks like you need to have someone with some pull in the art world look at your work.Then again,something like that may lead back to having no slack time at all again. :)

I am really liking the little non-ferrous details you are incorporating into your work.
Know any glass workers up your way?

RoryMay, I'm new to the forum, but I went through all of the old pages of this forum and tried to get a grip on people that caught my attention. You were one of the artists that really held my attention, that's for sure. I really like the massiveness of this mirror, and the wall hanger. Reminds me of something in a castle, or on a very old boat from centries past.
Keep on showing, I'm enjoying!

• 3 months later...