I Forge Iron

Blacksmiths in Las Vegas NV

So I want to get my forge done , I drive over to lowe's  looking for some 2" pipe , you know 2 10's a 12 inch peace a 2" t pipe cap and a flange to make a brake drum forge . Well lowes only has up to 1 1/2 ok  I go to home depot same thing they also only go up to 1 1/2 . so I go to small mom & pop mead hard ware they have everything I need but it's galvo ' oh well it will work , I would preferred black pipe 65.00 bucks later I have it all . get it home and start put it all together so far so good .

And I have been busy cleaning up the anvil mount and putting some wheels on it till I can find a place  to mount it . still more work to do on the anvil .

And I am starting on my next forge. I think I will make my own fire pot I made it out of paper to see if I will like it , Maybe ?? 8x7 1/4 x 2 1/2  deep , 3/8 plate , I may need it a little deeper , and I found a piece of plate on the side of the shop to make a table out of .  

post-61006-0-24320200-1421989068_thumb.j

post-61006-0-97217400-1421989077_thumb.j

post-61006-0-28343900-1421989117_thumb.j

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That forge is one of yours , you posted it on this site on the forge page , That chimney is beautiful I don't know if it works well but I sure like the shape of it . Would you like to sell the chimney ? or at lest let me borrow it so I can try to copy it.

And by the way I found out the blower has a 2" outlet ,so no need to measure yours, thanks anyway .  

Well the blower showed up, it was locked up but I removed the fan cover and the gear box cover lubed it up and now it works freely . I dont know how they mount these, I see no mounting holes . So I fabricated a plate to fit between the gearbox and the blower housing it should work . I'll clean this baby up and paint it, I am getting closer , maybe by this weekend ??

post-61006-270029_thumb.jpg

post-61006-1132318_thumb.jpg

post-61006-1241044_thumb.jpg

It was great to finally meet you guys! I look forward to the future of our community. Also, I'm horrible with names. I'd like to get in contact with the guy that was sitting next to me. We both wear glasses and were close to the entrance of the silo. My number is 808-635-7453, actual name is Dustin. Feel free to reach out anytime, any of you!