I Forge Iron

Blacksmiths in Las Vegas NV

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only other smiths that I know of are Tim McCoy, JPH, and myself. Jim does blade smithing, and writes blade smithing books for a living, while Tim, and I are hobbyists.

What part of the valley are you located in?

Do you have anything set up yet?

What type of smithing are you interested in?

• 2 years later...

I moved to Las Vegas Nv. two years ago and while living in Minnesota had started blacksmithing as a hobby. I recienly brought my equipment here. I am also interested in bladesmithing. I would like to meet with somebody in this area who can help me get set up and get a source for coal and supplies.

I moved to Las Vegas Nv. two years ago and while living in Minnesota had started blacksmithing as a hobby. I recienly brought my equipment here. I am also interested in bladesmithing. I would like to meet with somebody in this area who can help me get set up and get a source for coal and supplies.

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya. If you'll put your general location in your header you'll discover just how many IFI folk are within easy visiting distance. Seems like you've scored on that track though, JPH is bladesmith extraordinare.

Frosty the Lucky.

You can do it in an urban area with some planning, my Dad and I did when I lived in CA. We got a 260# Fisher anvil to keep the noise down, didn't work into the wee hours, usually on weekends, and we did fine.

I have some big (cars), and noisy hobbies, so that was my main consideration for moving to where I live. For most folks though living 50-100 miles from work is out of the question. I balance my 206 mile daily commute to socially repressed Southern Utah with coveys of quail in my yard, and the starry sky at night here in DaBoonies. The only drawback for me lately is lack of a social life out here,and where I work , so this single guy heads to Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada most weekends.

Sent ya a PM , give me a shout, and I can see about swinging by your place when I am in the big city.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all. For some reason, the website is not letting my enter button work at the moment, so all of this will be typed in one paragraph... I'm just starting to break into blacksmithing. I have acquired a pretty beat up but useable Peter Wright (I think it's 126 pounds from memory - would have to check again) and a 149 pound mousehole, as well as a good post vice that just needs a little loving to get back into great shape. Was about to start on my forge and everything else when I broke my ankle pretty bad, so I've been laid up for a couple of months now, and I'm not out of the woods yet. In any case, if you guys meet up some time, I'd love to hang out and ask questions and see what other people have got going on. So, keep me in mind if there's a get-together. I live out in Blue Diamond, the little desert community of about a 100 houses underneath Red Rocks. Takes a minute to get in town, but that's fine by me. And we can do whatever we want out here, like tear trucks apart in the front yard, or, set up a smithy in the back:) Very handy. Hope to hear from ya'll soon - Spruce

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I just moved to LV from Italy two months ago. Unfortunately I have no place to put a forge and an anvil and I really miss forging. I live in nw vegas, and if someone would like to have a forge buddie for a day (or more) I would really appreciate. I am a knifemaker and I usually make damascus.

Thanks to everyone

Francesco

• 2 weeks later...