6 replies to this topic

#1 Beornls

Beornls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hi All,

I have a Hay Budden anvil that I was wanting someone to look up for me if possible? The serial number is 201238

Lemme know what you find!

Thanks!

#2 Chad J

Chad J

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • LocationEphraim, Utah

Posted 29 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

It was made in or around 1913 ( as per AIA pg 303 ).There's roughly 39 pages and a few odd ball pages on Hay Budden. Lots of info, to much to list for my typing skills ;)

Got this book from my sweetie for Christmas and i never get tired of reading it! Chad
Chad Jorgenson

#3 Beornls

Beornls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

It was made in or around 1913 ( as per AIA pg 303 ).There's roughly 39 pages and a few odd ball pages on Hay Budden. Lots of info, to much to list for my typing skills ;)

Got this book from my sweetie for Christmas and i never get tired of reading it! Chad

thanks for looking it up for me Chad!! AIA is on my wish list too :)

#4 Dragons lair

Dragons lair

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationFairview NC

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Your anvil is the last model, The entire top from the waist up is tool steel. Look for a three digit nmber
up neer the heel other side from the logo. I have a 142 lb. Great anvil enjoy.
Ken

#5 Beornls

Beornls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:40 PM

Your anvil is the last model, The entire top from the waist up is tool steel. Look for a three digit nmber
up neer the heel other side from the logo. I have a 142 lb. Great anvil enjoy.
Ken

Hi Ken, Yes..it does have a 3 digit number up there. I just assumed it was some type of ID number or something for someone who used it, etc. I did notice that there did seem to be a seam of some type around the middle of the waist area. I will see what that three digit number is tomorrow. This one is about a 170 something pounds, I know it's stamped on the same side as the logo.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. I've got about $150 at most in this thing, so I'm happy with it!

#6 Dragons lair

Dragons lair

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationFairview NC

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:00 PM

Hi Ken, Yes..it does have a 3 digit number up there. I just assumed it was some type of ID number or something for someone who used it, etc. I did notice that there did seem to be a seam of some type around the middle of the waist area. I will see what that three digit number is tomorrow. This one is about a 170 something pounds, I know it's stamped on the same side as the logo.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. I've got about $150 at most in this thing, so I'm happy with it!

$150 for a 170lb late model H-B. You are blessed my friend. I thought I did good to get my 142 lb for $250
Also my 174 lb Trenton was $300
Ken

#7 fishingbigsky

fishingbigsky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hello,

Can anyone tell us how old our Hay Budden anvil is, the serial number listed on the bottom is 208364?  There is also a three digit number on the opposite side of the logo, 019, does anyone know what this means?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users