Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2x72 grinder build

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Looks great!! Where do you get the wheels for the belt to ride on, and can you take some detailed pics to post? Been wanting to build one of these for some time now...just need something to go off of to build it.

Posted · Report post

Looks good I just bought a KMG Belt grinder 3HP 10" wheel 220V V.S. machine Cost me about $2845.50 but that is with all the bells and whistles and attachments + rotary platen. I'm sure you could build it for cheaper but when it comes to some things like machinery and gas forges I just as soon support those who specialized in this one facet completely rather than me try to reinvent everything to save a buck. Your Grinder looks really good though, how much has it cost so far?

Posted · Report post

i machined all the wheels from aluminum, the 10 inch contact wheel is from bee metal, i am building 5 of these, not sure yet what the total cost will be.

Posted · Report post

Are you making any of these to sell?

Posted · Report post

Some of the group here in MN are building them using the motor and vari speed controller from a treadmill. Lots of them hardly used at the junk hauller.

Posted · Report post

Built this one last winter, don't know how I ever made do without it.
tommie

18687.attach

18688.attach

Posted · Report post

very nice build tommied i see you scrounged most of your parts, the best kind of build, how many hp is your motor, the scrap yard is my second home.

Posted · Report post

This is a 2 HP motor but is too much motor as if you hang the belt it'll shred it.
Hate it took me so long to answer but life gets away too quick. tommie

Posted · Report post

these are all excellent looking machines gents! i have wanted to build one of these for a bit now... does anyone have plans they would part with or a nudge they could give me in the right direction. cheers

jason