I Forge Iron

PawPaw

Ralph

Jim is in the hospital with pneumonia, also they are checking for a mass in the same lung. He had a rough night, but finally got a couple hours sleep from about 4:00 to 6:00 am.

Thank you for puttting him on the prayer list. We need all the prayers offered. He is breathing a little easier now, so hope the improvement continues.

Sheri Wilson

JIM has been having a rough go of it for the last ten days. He is a tough ole bird, with our prayers and GOD'S HELP, he will fight this one off.
SHERI will not be able to answer all the emails. SHERI said that he got a little sleep between 4:00 and 6:00, they are working on the Pneumonia and will do a CT scan later.
RALPH:-- If you would post a mailing address for them, we could send cards and let JIM know how much everyone cares. He already knows this but we can remind him. Thanks.

Chuck Bennett

All,

Paw Paw's address at the hospital was posted over on the CSI forum. I'm copying it to here so folks will have it.

Jim Wilson c/o
Hoots Mermorial Hospital
624 W. Main Street
Yadkinville, NC 27055
336-679-2041
Room 114

Let's pray he gets home soon!

Eric

Update May 9 Midnight

Jim was moved to Forsyth Hospital in Winston-Salem today (May 9) and is in the Critical Care Unit. He was transported to WS about 5:00 pm and not able to get into a room until after 9:00 pm. Not fun waiting in the emergency room all that time.

The first thing I should say is that there is not a mass.

He has pneumonia and with his COPD is in serious condition. He is receiving high powered antibiotics and lots of oxygen and breathing treatments. Will see a pulmonologist tomorrow. He was ready to sleep when I left him tonight. It was a long day with many hours of waiting, waiting and more waiting.

Keep praying and I trust he will be home soon.

Sheri Wilson

Our home address is

Jim Wilson
4714 Granite Trail
Boonville, NC 27011

I think cards will be fine and if he is confined, they will help him feel in touch. I have been printing out a few messages and reading them to him. He seems to appreciate that.

Thanks for all your prayers.
Sheri Wilson

Sheri will be able to carry cards and letters sent to the home address to him at the hospital. A card and letter campaign should be started to keep him "in touch" as I am sure there is no internet in his room and as he recovers he will have withdrawal symptoms.

JIM /SHERI -- What is COPD?? I suppose it is cardio Ortrialydis(SP) + PULMINARY something.?? Iwant to look it up. If my son calls tonight he can enlighten me. :?
We have new knee pads and working on this thing. :wink:

Chuck

Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a term used to describe two related lung diseases: chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Chronic bronchitis is inflammation and eventual scarring of the bronchi (airway tubes). Emphysema is enlargement and destruction of the alveoli (air sacs) within the lungs. Many persons with COPD have both of these conditions.

Persons with COPD have difficulty breathing because they develop smaller air passageways and have partially destroyed alveoli. The air passageways also become clogged with mucus, a slimy substance.

JAMA Patient Page - Archives and Journals
http://www.medem.com/medlb/article_detaillb.cfm?article_ID=ZZZ4TK4MMMD&sub_cat=571

Sandpile
I am sure someone with more medical background will answer, but from my EMT training I know that. COPD is chronic obstructive pulminary disease. It is caused by inhalation of solids, smoke etc. years ago it was called black lung disease because it was so common amongst coal miners. It causes a lot of problems with breathing, most people with the condition develope a very prononced shape to the chest due to the extra effort they need to inhale. Unfortunately there are only treatments to help with the symptoms we cannot repair damaged lung.

I don't have it, but worry sometimes. All those years smoking and working inside tanks with the silica dust so thick you couldn't see two feet, and the metal dust etc, and now I find I really enjoy this new hobby with coal dust and smoke and more metal and abrasive dust. I guess it's time I got something better than a cheapy dust mask.

Prayers to you Paw Paw.
Jeff

Jock Dempsey posted over on the CSI forum that Jim is on machine ventilation for the next few days in an induced coma. They are hoping they can get him past the pnemonia and stabilized, but won't know anything for a few days.

Pray hard people. We need that old war horse back with us.

Eric

10:20 pm May 11

Just talked with Jim's daughter and Jim has double pneumonia (not single), and is still in the medically induced coma. He is in stable condition in ICU at the hospital.

The family would appreciate your prayers.