I Forge Iron

Show me your anvil

Well I guess you won't get into trouble for trademark infringement---ACME anvils used to be sold in the Sears and Roebuck Catalog about 100 years ago...

Haha, if Warner Brothers hasn't been sued in the 70 years they've been using it, I won't either :P Besides, it's not like I' m selling it. 

I just need to figure out how to stick some coyote arms and legs out from under it in a non-flammable way... 

Haha, if Warner Brothers hasn't been sued in the 70 years they've been using it, I won't either :P Besides, it's not like I' m selling it. 

I just need to figure out how to stick some coyote arms and legs out from under it in a non-flammable way... 

No but Warner brothers might sue you:D. Anyone starting a cafe and calling it Rick's American used to be sued. They also took on the Marx brothers on their Casablanca movie but realized that they would loose face. Groucho told them that they should not call themselves Warner BROTHERS since the Marx brothers were older.

Have a nice movie sorry I mean weekend

Göte

How about just a row of coyote outlines on the anvil for confirmed kills...

Hahaha, that's hilarious, I might have to do that one... Thanks for the idea! 

I've got to make a portable anvil stand for it... I was thinking of maybe forging some arms and legs too, that I could use to hang my hammers :P

Still not sure what I'm gonna do, but I'm sure I'm gonna do something!  

When I got my second BS degree I had a Wile E Coyote "slapper" on my mortar board, little plush Wile under a plush anviloid and if you slapped it it gave the "whoosh....Booom!"  and then a couple of seconds later "Beep Beep"  For some reason I ran the battery out on that thing fairly fast...

Edited by ThomasPowers

Hello new to forums and have an anvil to show and might be for sale 170 lbs 28 inches long 4 1/2 wide 12 inches tall Thanks for any info

DSCN0950.JPG

DSCN0952.JPG

DSCN0953.JPG

DSCN0954.JPG

Well, the silhouette looks like a Haybudden to me... Is... the anvil bent? O_o or, is it a perspective illusion?

Other than that, it if IS a Haybudden, looks in pretty good shape.... Where ya from roughly? If you're in Minnesota, I'd certainly be interested :P

Hey guys there's no need to Quote a post and resend the pics already posted. Glenn has to pay for bandwidth lets give him a break. If you wish to make a specific point then cut all the other pics in the post except the one in reference.

Please.

Frosty The Lucky.

Finally got my anvil stand done.

I did set the anvil on another already ash filled container to testforge and i am really happy with her.

ambossgstey.thumb.jpg.4af690056fc16f95f5

Now i only need to collect 80liters of fine ash. I'm not in a hurry as cold seasons are coming soon and i think in spring time it's done.

Given to me by a friend yesterday.  It has been sitting in a shed for years.  Needs cleaned up, but rang like a bell when I struck it with a hammer. WEymass.jpg

I have one I bought new. That is (imo) a Russian made cast steel anvil, mine is 110 pounds. I bought mine knowing they would not last on the shelf, and they did not, they are discontinued.

~~~

Hello, I am new here, and I've already seen some familiar names! :D

Here is my new/used Mousehole.

P8170008_zpsw1ta7ng1.jpg

M&H Armitage

Mousehole

0*3*15

P8170009_zpslf2vnlpl.jpg

I need to set it up, but time has me constrained at present to more pressing concerns. I hope to begin soon.

Edited by tanglediver
Introduction

"I use it once in a while to straighten something". I'd offered my young neighbor three hundred dollars for this years ago when I spotted it lying horn-first in the dirt. Really, the dollar amount wasn't an issue to my friend, probably thinking it far 004.thumb.JPG.e7d6ea44c45fad5edd3be7ce8d006.thumb.JPG.610109ec30f4a3cc3e9ac7a5a1too much to accept. "It's been here as long as I remember" he said, adding "but you can sure come over and use it if you need to".

Discovered this anvil today in the welding shop for the tugboat company I work for. Just wanted to share the pic for the size of the anvil (look at the spray can on top). No visible markings due to the paint on it and I didn't have time to try to clean it and look further. Unfortunately it has a pretty serious torch cut in the face near the hardy - and even more unfortunately - it's not for sale -- yet...... :)  I hammer tested it for ring with a small sledge - some ring near the horn - dull thud near the hardy and cut. It's got to be one of the biggest in the field anvils I've seen.

Yard Anvil 1.JPG

Yard Anvil 2.JPG

Discovered this anvil today in the welding shop for the tugboat company I work for. Just wanted to share the pic for the size of the anvil (look at the spray can on top). No visible markings due to the paint on it and I didn't have time to try to clean it and look further. Unfortunately it has a pretty serious torch cut in the face near the hardy - and even more unfortunately - it's not for sale -- yet...... :)  I hammer tested it for ring with a small sledge - some ring near the horn - dull thud near the hardy and cut. It's got to be one of the biggest in the field anvils I've seen.

Looks like a Haybudden, or a Trenton anvil to me. (Haybudden made some anvils for Trenton, IIRC) I'd guess 180 lbs ish? Has an awful narrow waste... The damage isn't TOO bad, it could be restored... 

Additional note: The rail is from 1950 and is some of the hardest steel I've ever tried to cut with a cut off wheel. I think I've put 4 discs into the 2.5 footer and I'm still only about 1/4" into the top of the track where I'm removing material for the horn.

Edited by neophite
posted 2 times